Overview: The NC STD Update will provide updated information on recent trends and current management of a variety of sexually transmitted diseases including syphilis, gonorrhea, chlamydia and vaginal infections. This activity will also address best practices as relates to the care of transgender individuals and unique management and treatment approaches pertinent to adolescent sexual health.
Target Audience: This knowledge based activity is targeted to physicians, advanced practice providers, pharmacists, nurses, public health workers and other health care providers.
There is no registration fee, but REGISTRATION IS REQUIRED for ALL participants.
Conference registration deadline is March 13, 2018. After the deadline, you may view the enduring/archived event that will be posted to the website within two weeks of the program date.
Step 1: Register with the CDC here: (link coming soon)
In order for us to offer this event at no charge to participants, our funder, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, requires participants to complete a Health Professional Application for Training in addition to your registration through Northwest AHEC.
For issues with the CDC site, please email Thomas Creger - email@example.com
We recognize that much of this information is redundant, but registration is required in BOTH systems to complete registration for this event and to receive continuing education credits.
Step 2: Select conference location - you will indicate which option on the conference registration page (link below)
A. Northwest AHEC Originating Site \ McCreary Tower at BB&T Field - 475 Deacon Blvd, Winston-Salem, NC
B. Webinar viewing locations (group setting).
- Area L AHEC \ 1631 South Wesleyan Boulevard \ Rocky Mount, NC
- Catawba Valley Medical Center \ AHEC 105, Lower Level \ 810 Fairgrove Church Road SE \ Hickory, NC
- Charlotte AHEC \ 5039 Airport Center Parkway \ Charlotte, NC
- Eastern AHEC \ Elizabeth City State University \ Pharmacy Complex Building \ Elizabeth City, NC
- Eastern AHEC \ 2000 Venture Tower Drive \ Greenville, NC
- Mountain AHEC \ 121 Hendersonville Road \ Asheville, NC
- Southern Regional AHEC \ 1601 Owen Drive \ Fayetteville, NC
- Wake AHEC \ William F. Andrews Center \ 3024 New Bern Avenue \ Raleigh, NC
- Watauga Medical Center \ 336 Deerfield Road \ Boone, NC
- Individuals using laptop, desktop, or mobile device. Individual participants will receive an email with connection link and instructions before the event. Multimedia computers, laptops, and most mobile devices and smart phones can be used to participate, however you will want to follow the test connection instructions PRIOR to the event for optimal experience.
- Health Department viewing as a group. (List of approved Health Department host sites are indicated on the registration page.)
*A post-test is required to obtain a certificate for all individual or health department webinar participants.
Step 3: Register to attend the conference
The deadline for reigstration is March 13, 2018
Provided by: NC Department of Health and Human Services - Division of Public Health, Alabama - North Carolina STD/HIV Prevention Training Center, NC AIDS Training and Education Center, The University of Alabama School of Medicine and Northwest Area Health Education Center (AHEC), a program of Wake Forest School of Medicine and part of the NC AHEC System.